Which DRM for pc version?

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Which DRM for pc version?

Postby heXen » 14 September 2012, 11:05

Hi. I will know which protection system will have Of Orcs and Men. If the retail version require DRM as steam or Origin.

Why this question? Simple. i wanna preorder the game but, i hate DRM as Steam, so if game require steam I would like to know before ,so i don't buy it.

tnx in advance.
heXen

Re: Which DRM for pc version?

Postby Thrall » 15 September 2012, 15:34

same question here ;) for exactly the same reasons. i never buy a non-DRM-free game :evil:

I'd also like to know the technical requirements

Thank you for your answers, really excited by this game :)
Thrall

Postby heXen » 16 September 2012, 17:20

Thrall wrote:same question here ;) for exactly the same reasons. i never buy a non-DRM-free game :evil:

well... sorry but your reason is non-sense. When you buy a game you should be able to choose. You like DRM? ok, buy the games on steam\origin, give me also the possibility to choose a non-DRM version. This is in the interest of developers reach all the possibilities to sell more copies of games.
heXen

Postby Freki » 17 September 2012, 08:33

Hi,

It's important for a studio to protect its games that's why Of Orcs and Men will have a DRM protection.

As Of Orcs and Men is a game inviting you to play an orc, it would be great if you can play on console if you don't like DRM version.

Freki.
OF ORCS AND MEN
Focus Team
Freki

Postby Thrall » 17 September 2012, 18:52

@ heXen

you misunderstood me, but it's certainly my fault because English is not my native language^^
I meant exactly the same thing than you : I never buy a game which orce use to ise Steam/Origin/etc...

I hope it's clearer this time ;)

@ Freki

thanks but the original question was : Which DRM for pc version? can you precise that ?
i don't mind if there's a internet check or a code to activate the game. but do we need to install a third-party software like Steam to play the game ?

if it's the same system than GoT (Steam and non-Steam version) it will be perfect for me :)

and soory again for my English which is just awful :oops:
Thrall

Postby akademix » 19 September 2012, 13:04

i hope they take the path of cd projekt red (the witcher series). they gave they're customers options like retail or digital. a collector's edition would be nice though. (sorry for the english :lol: )

*edit*

aw crap he already answered. :lol:
akademix

Postby heXen » 21 September 2012, 17:47

Thrall wrote:@ heXen

you misunderstood me, but it's certainly my fault because English is not my native language^^
I meant exactly the same thing than you : I never buy a game which orce use to ise Steam/Origin/etc...

whoops sry ;)
heXen

Postby Motoki » 25 September 2012, 00:50

Freki wrote:Hi,

It's important for a studio to protect its games that's why Of Orcs and Men will have a DRM protection.

As Of Orcs and Men is a game inviting you to play an orc, it would be great if you can play on console if you don't like DRM version.

Freki.

I understand that but will the version you sell on Steam also STILL have the Act Control DRM with limited activations?

I personally am interested in getting the game on Steam but you must understand that Steam itself is a form of DRM thus if you sell it there you should removed the Act Control DRM which is much more limiting. Otherwise you will be penalizing people who want to buy your game on Steam by forcing them to have 2 levels of DRM. Act control with activation limits also defeats one of the convenience features of Steam which is to be able to reinstall the game as many times as you need to.

I was very upset when I bought A Game of Thrones Genesis made by Cyanide and found out it has not only Steam but also the Act Control DRM with limited activations. I will not buy another game like that. I also do not use consoles and I don't think it is satisfactory answer to tell your purchasers if they don't like your DRM to go use a console.
Motoki

Postby Thrall » 26 September 2012, 12:48

heXen wrote:
Thrall wrote:@ heXen

whoops sry ;)

no problem ;)

but we're still waiting for an answer :x my guess are : a Steam version (confirmed), a digital non-Steam version and a box version (wich doesn't need Steam). we'll see !
Thrall

Postby mrwar » 30 September 2012, 16:54

Hello,

I would also like to know if the Steam version that is on pre-order right now has ANY additional DRM besides Steam?
Please let us really know as we will find out anyway later and I do not intend to buy the game without confirmation as to DRM anyway.
mrwar

Next

Return to General