Poor promotion...

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Poor promotion...

Postby Dipso » 20 September 2012, 09:55

I've been following this game intently since its very first trailer and I've already pre-ordered it but I have to say the lack of promotion for this title is appalling. A trickle of screen shots and a couple of videos is really not enough to get this title in the spotlight. I understand this is not a big budget title and that the advertising budget is perhaps correspondingly small but the lack of PR for a title that is only a few weeks from release is disappointing. Even the facebook page for the game is poorly maintained with potential consumers questions continuously ignored, this is not even a matter of money but rather just a complete lack of effort.

I really hope your game does well but I can't help but get the feeling that you are sending it out on the market to die.
Dipso

Re: Poor promotion...

Postby MadMartigan » 20 September 2012, 17:32

Hi i'm new to the forums. i have to agree about promotion for this game i only found out about it a few months ago. but saying that it looks excellent and really cant wait to play it, i love that your an orc and goblin this time round really hope it has a good story and plenty of armour and weapons to use. also i hope it fill's the void that Dragon Age 2 left in my RPG soul. :D
MadMartigan

Postby Freki » 24 September 2012, 08:47

Hello,

As yuo maybe know we make news with screenshots, videos, artwork, preview etc... So feel free to tell me what kind of information you would like to have and I will be happy to try to get them!

Freki
OF ORCS AND MEN
Focus Team
Freki

Postby Orcmen » 25 September 2012, 08:59

a new trailer would be great

and of course many new screenshots ;)
Orcmen

Postby MadMartigan » 28 September 2012, 03:01

I think more advertising on gaming sites and word of mouth (i'm telling everyone i meet lol), also would love some wallpapers of some of the screen shots thier excellent.

also i would of loved a special edition with a statue of the main characters, that would have been awesome.
MadMartigan

Postby Freki » 28 September 2012, 14:58

Have you seen the artworks on Facebook ? https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 229&type=1

Promotion is coming on website, press and everywhere we can :)
OF ORCS AND MEN
Focus Team
Freki

Postby Dipso » 28 September 2012, 16:35

"Promotion is coming on website, press and everywhere we can"

Really? For the most part "of Orcs and Men" barely exists in the press world. It looks to me like no demo code was offered to the media as there is almost no "hands on" or true "preview" articles available on the web. Most regrettably developer interviews have also been incredibly scarce.

The bottom line is this game is only popping up in conversation around the web recently due to its presence on Steam, and usually then it is consumers expressing their complete lack of knowledge of the title.

Lets hope the quality of the title speaks loud enough for its self.
Dipso

Postby Delicieuxz » 29 September 2012, 19:54

Freki wrote:Hello,

As yuo maybe know we make news with screenshots, videos, artwork, preview etc... So feel free to tell me what kind of information you would like to have and I will be happy to try to get them!

Freki

Hi,

Please release the artwork that is featured on the facebook page in large and hi res versions for use as desktop backgrounds. That way, when we have our friends stop by our places to play games or whatnot, they might ask what the background is from and what the game is about. It's a great way to foster word-of-mouth coverage for your game. And we also get some great wallpapers then, too!
Delicieuxz

Postby parpaing » 30 September 2012, 17:03

To be honest, the lack of promotion is not a good sign. It looks as if the developpers have no faith in their game. Cyanide is a french studio, so I guess they could get quite a lot of promotion if theyr contacted Gamekult, jeuxvideo.com and other French websites at least.
Regarding promotion, the so called gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyoQnWQ6TAA doesn't show any actual gameplay. It's mostly the small orc and the big one running around. I guess most people don't even know how the game is supposed to be played and what the mechanics are.

The lack of communication and promotion can only be hurtful for the sales imho. I've read the latest preview on jeuxvideo.com (which is not the best website ever...) and it's not even clear whether the second character is controlled by the AI or not during fights for example.
They should definitely put a proper gameplay video in the steam store to appeal to potential customers.
parpaing

Postby Gnakbrecha » 30 September 2012, 20:50

hey parpaing,

watch the gamescom demo-video - there you can see actual gameplay, it is also explained how the fighting-system works and what
the second character does, while you don't control him.

This video should give you some answers for your questions ;)
Gnakbrecha

Next

Return to General