Poor promotion...

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Re: Poor promotion...

Postby parpaing » 01 October 2012, 11:40

Thanks for pointing that out. I watched the video and I have to say that I find the animations really weird, like the caharcters are sliding on the ground, and not really hitting each other. However the concept looks good, with different gameplay options. Btw, they should have found someone else to present the game: his English is dreadful...
parpaing

Postby Grivessillus » 01 October 2012, 12:18

I think it's promoted well. Not enough, but well. It looks awesome, and more people should know about it.

They focused on the game itself, not bullcrap. It's always been about the game. No preorder garbage.

Having seen the total and utter repellant mess overpromotion or bad promotion can be, I'm very glad they went with game only focus.

Borderlands 2 was beyond stupid, they never or barely ever, even mentioned or showed the game. Just pushed preorder garbage and day 1 dlc constantly. It was disgusting. I don't think there's more than a bit of game left after they hacked it up for dlc.
Dishonoured, absolute garbage. They've shown so little content, it became a pretentious mess of some downright insulting preorder garbage, paid up reviewers and endless shots of rats. The tarot cards are offensive to tarot.
That's all there is. Nothing else. Little to no actual footage, and what footage there is is deeply subpar graphics, flat, and unconvincing.

That sort of promotion will kill a games chances of selling worse than underpromotion does. Overpromoting a game is a sure way to lose my chances of buying it and put me off. Though most overpromoted games are garbage anyway.

OOAMs promotion is memorable. Because it always the game or concept art. It's always real content, not drivel.
Not empty attention seeking promotion for the sake of it.
Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise
Grivessillus

Postby parpaing » 02 October 2012, 22:04

Grivessillus wrote:Dishonoured, absolute garbage. They've shown so little content
Little to no actual footage, and what footage there is is deeply subpar graphics, flat, and unconvincing.

Not sure if stupid or trolling...
There are tons of videos of actual gameplay of dishonored and the game looks great, very polished, with a lot of different gameplay mechanics. They've shown whole levels, with different ways of solving them and explained in depth the concept behind the game.

You could say that Borderland 2's promotion was not centered on the actual gameplay, but to belittle Dishonored which is probably gonna be one of the best games of 2012, that's really plain stupid man.
parpaing

Postby Dipso » 03 October 2012, 08:42

I have to agree, Dishonored has received massive amounts of coverage, in depth developer interviews and a lot of fantastic gameplay videos. Borderlands 2 is not a new IP, it's a sequel to a much loved and critically lauded game so it really doesn't have to showcase its core concept in the way a game like OOAM does..it only so happens to be in the running for GOTY judging by the critical reception its receiving.

Mid budget titles like OOAM really should be promoted as doggedly as possible, good promotional work doesn't always equate to spending power, a little passion and effort goes a long way. It seems that Cyanide and Focus like to take the scatter-shot approach to development and publishing, they just keep firing out multiple decidedly average titles rather than focusing their efforts on one project. It truly does look like they have no faith in their own game. I was sold on the premise of this game from the very beginning but I'm really not too convinced that its going to be a quality experience.
Dipso

Postby Dipso » 03 October 2012, 09:33

"Btw, they should have found someone else to present the game: his English is dreadful..."

I have to disagree, his English is fine, do you have a problem with accents?
Dipso

Postby Thrall » 03 October 2012, 13:40

a new trailer is coming according to the website RPG France. let's hope he will come quickly now !
Thrall

Postby Grivessillus » 03 October 2012, 13:59

parpaing wrote:
Grivessillus wrote:Dishonoured, absolute garbage. They've shown so little content
Little to no actual footage, and what footage there is is deeply subpar graphics, flat, and unconvincing.

Not sure if stupid or trolling...
There are tons of videos of actual gameplay of dishonored and the game looks great, very polished, with a lot of different gameplay mechanics. They've shown whole levels, with different ways of solving them and explained in depth the concept behind the game.

You could say that Borderland 2's promotion was not centered on the actual gameplay, but to belittle Dishonored which is probably gonna be one of the best games of 2012, that's really plain stupid man.

Think about how much of Dishonoured is recycled versions of the same videos. It basically endless shots of the videos shwon at conventions. They only ever showed 2 missions and essentiall 2 videos. So it's not tons of actual gameplay. It's the same 2 videos and missions repeatedly, with editing.
Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise
Grivessillus

Previous

Return to General