Final Steam Achievement

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

Final Steam Achievement

Postby nautikus » 01 December 2012, 21:52

The "I'm the boss" achievement does not unlock on steam. The very last achievement I got was "The Hard Way":

nautikus

Re: Final Steam Achievement

Postby FocusTechSupport » 13 December 2012, 12:07

This problem is under investigation.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
FocusTechSupport

Postby lostarchives » 23 January 2013, 04:51

this problem still occurs 1/22/2013:

I've played a few games that have this achievement problem (platinum ps3 related ??)...

They usually end up adding a check at the games start menu where it unlocks that achievement if eligible.
lostarchives

Postby FocusTechSupport » 24 January 2013, 14:25

Please check that Of Orcs and Men is correctly installed:

1. Run Steam and click Library.
2. Right click Of Orcs and Men and click Properties.
3. Click Local Files tab then Verify Integrity of Game Cache button.
4. Run the game (play when connected to Steam, do not play in offline mode).
FocusTechSupport

Postby lostarchives » 25 January 2013, 13:35

I tried that, nothing happened...

I purchased the game during last weeks steam sale so my data cant be too old. After verifying no download of new data occurred.

This is what i did: I got all the other achievements except difficulty related ones first. I initially beat the game on easy, on my second playthrough I only had "I'm the boss", "Mercenary", "Warrior", and "Bloodjaw". Upon beating the game at the highest difficulty: "Mercenary", "Warrior", and "Bloodjaw" achievements unlocked. "I'm the boss" my last remaining achievement did not unlock.
lostarchives

Postby Omnisciurus » 09 May 2013, 22:01

Same issue here.

This problem unfortunately still persists in the game.

I tried the "verify integrity" option. I tried restarting Steam. I replayed the last level and sat through the credits. Nothing. All other achievements triggered simultaneously upon completing of the game, but not the meta-achievement.

Since the game is actually pretty good, I was considering writing an achievement guide for Steam to potentially get other players to buy this game. However, since it is apparently impossible to get 100% completion in this game, it doesn't draw any achievement hunters, making the guide rather pointless.

Because achievement guide = more potential buyers = more profit, I'm really hoping you can fix the "I'm the boss" achievement (by the way, on PC we're collecting "achievements", not "Trophies" as per your description). Fingers crossed.

PS - For what it's worth, you've misnamed one of your achievements. The achievement "Back to business" is incorrectly named "All this for that", which is actually an achievement that's already in the game. In other words: you have two different achievements with identical names.
Omnisciurus

Postby Omnisciurus » 10 May 2013, 05:07

So... crazy theory here:

Maybe the issue is because in order to unlock, the meta-achievement "I'm the boss" checks for the completion each achievement BY NAME, which means that it can't confirm the completion of "Back to business" because an achievement with such a name does not exist in the game (see previous post).

I'm thinking that correctly renaming the achievement in the game may solve the problem. Worth a shot, don't you think?
Omnisciurus

Postby DarKena » 11 May 2013, 00:15

Same problem. Hope you fix it...
DarKena

Postby WurzelPummage » 14 May 2013, 14:31

The theory with regards to it being caused by two achievements having the exact same name sounds plausible. It would be nice to have an official response stating if the issue is actually still being looked into and if Omnisciurus' theory is something that was checked out. I can't imagine it would take long at all to fix a mis-labelled achievement if it did indeed turn out to be the cause.

If the cause cannot be found, surely it would be an idea to simply remove the meta-achievement so people can obtain 100%? The fact that people can't unlock all of the achievements because of a broken 'unlock all achievements' achievement is pretty amusing though.
WurzelPummage

Postby WurzelPummage » 17 May 2013, 13:34

Guess this issue falls under the 'swept under the carpet' category then :(
WurzelPummage

Next

Return to Technical Forum